Hosted from London with participants dialling in from all over the UK, the first HL BaSE Catalyst workshop of 2022 took place on 24 March. Volunteers from Hogan Lovells were joined by in-house lawyers from our clients to talk through legal issues with a group of 5 exciting social innovators.
"The breakout session was fab – really interesting, varied and lively discussion."
- It’s Our Planet Too is on a mission to inspire children to love and care for the environment. It works to empower children to make positive change for a greener future;
- Sister System bridges the gap between care-affected girls and mainstream society, by working alongside them to ensure that they have the opportunities that they deserve;
- Donate Smart: in an increasingly cashless world Donate Smart enables cashless donations through an integrated solution for people experiencing homelessness in the form of a bracelet.
- House of Cinn bakes to break cycles of homelessness. It sells cinnamon buns to fund community-based employment and entrepreneurial skills training for those affected by homelessness and poverty.
- Open Trail is a charity that uses cycle coaching and forest school to provide personal development opportunities for disadvantaged children and young people.
"It was incredibly valuable to hear the different views of the lawyers in the group, both from a legal perspective and as consumers."
Kate Cohen, Founder, It''''s Our Planet Too